- Hello Flintstones fans, This is Ronn Webb. Having
making my website on Hanna Barbera cartoons, I have been receiving
daily email from alot of Flintstone veiwers. I just want to pass
along one letter that was written to me. Here is Mike Eiland's
I remember certain episodes by title because of that. Since titles
are never seen in the reruns, no one knows that the birth of
Pebbles episode was titled, "The Blessed Event," or that the title
of the first episode shown was "The Flintstone Flyer." (The first
one made was "The Swimming Pool").
- Most of my information comes from old TV Guides
and our local newspaper on microfilm at the library. Some of this
stuff I've just never forgotten. I think you'll really like this.
Maybe you can add this to your page since the Flintstones was such
a special, ground-breaking show at the time (prime-time,
pregnancy, birth, big guest stars). I wrote down the episodes and
dates years ago for my own records, but have never been able to
share the information until now. I highlighted pivotal episodes
for each season.
- THE FIRST SEASON
- Friday nights at 8:30 on ABC
- Premiere September 30 Season end 4/7/61 ---28
- ''The Swimming Pool" was the pilot that sold the
show, but since Fred and
- Barney fought a lot on that one, ABC didn't want
that to be America's
- introduction to the characters, so "The Flintstone
Flyer" was shown instead
- and moved "Pool" to the third week.
- "No Help Wanted" (10/21/60) was the first
appearance of Dino.
- "The Snorkasaurus Story" (1/17/61) is often noted
as the first appearance of
- Dino. But this one talked and was called Dino at
the end, having been taken
- home as a pet, so no wonder anyone would think so.
Maybe H-B was hoping that
forgot we saw Dino one time weeks earlier and tried this stunt on
- Maybe they had a change of heart about having Dino
talk because he surely
- upstaged the other characters on that episode. One
of the funniest in the
- THE SECOND SEASON
- Friday nights 8:30 on ABC
- Season premiere 9/15/61 Season end 4/27/62 ---32
- Second season notes: Daws Butler did five episodes
for Mel Blanc shown this
- season after Blanc had a near-fatal car accident
in January 1961---during the
- first season of the Flintstones (all first-season
episodes were completed
- before the accident). Blanc had two other network
TV shows that were
- affected; "The Jack Benny Show" and "The Bugs
Bunny Show." Certain framing
- segments were repeated for the BB show since they
were done for the television
- show. The rest were the classic cartoons done
- The five Daws Butler episodes (where Barney sounds
a lot like Yogi Bear):
- "The Hit Songwriters" (guest starring Hoagy
- "Droop Along Flintstone" 9/22/61
- "Fred Flintstone Woos Again" 10/13/61
- "The Rock Quarry Story" 10/20/61
- "The Little White Lie" 11/10/61
- THE THIRD SEASON
- Friday nights at 8:30 on ABC
- Season premiere 9/14/62 Season end 4/5/63 ---28
- Notes: FIRST SEASON IN COLOR! New theme song,
"Meet The Flintstones"
- replaces the original instrumental theme. Pebbles
added to cast.
- First episode SHOWN in color (but all episodes
were MADE in color):
- "Dino Goes Hollyrock" (9/14/62)
- "The Blessed Event" (2/22/63) The birth of Pebbles
- THE FOURTH SEASON
- Moves to THURSDAY NIGHTS at 7:30 on ABC
- "Burke's Law" takes its old Friday night time
- Season premiere 9/19/63 Season end 3/12/64 ---26
- Season premeire episode:
- Ann-Margrock Presents (guest starring Ann-Margret)
- "Little Bamm-Bamm" 10/3/63 (The "adoption" of
- THE FIFTH SEASON
- Thursday nights at 7:30 until December 25, 1964,
when "Christmas Flintstone"
- returned the show to its old Friday night slot but
at earlier 7:30 time.
- "Jonny Quest" takes "The Flintstones" old Thursday
night 7:30 slot. "Quest"
- had premiered Friday, September 18, 1964 at 7:30.
- Season premiere 9/17/64 Season end 3/12/65 ---26
- Note: Gerry Johnson begins as Betty with "Hop
Happy," as Bea Benadaret moves
to continue with other projects including playing Kate on
- Junction," by this time beginning its second
- Season premiere episode:
- "Hop Happy" (9/17/64)
- "Christmas Flintstone" 12/25/64 (moves back to
Friday nights, but at earlier
- 7:30 slot with this episode).
- THE SIXTH SEASON
- Season premiere 9/17/65 Season end 4/1/66 ---26
- Friday nights at 7:30 on ABC
- "Samantha" 10/22/65 (guest starring Dick York and
- appearing like they do on the "Bewitched" animated
opening, done by Hanna-
- "The Great Gazoo" 10/29/65 (Harvey Korman begins
- "The Story of Rocky's Raiders" 4/1/66 (the last
- There is a Flintstones book available, but it's
pretty expensive. I flipped
- through it and it has episode summaries for each
show, but they are listed in
- the order that they were made---not the order
shown, but looks like great info
there. I happened to see the paragraph about H-B doing the intro
- "Bewitched" while flipping through it. That's how
I found that out. It
- appears the book came out around the time of the
Flintstones movie with John
- Goodman because there is mention of it coming out
back to my
to my home page
me at: email@example.com
Characters & images are © and of their respective
companies and are used for entertainment and historical purposes
Corporate trademarks are used on this and other of my pages are a part of their own company history.
To the best of my knowledge, these companies owned the rights to the trademark character at the time the collectible was issued.
They do not represent Wingnut Productions in any way, shape or form.
They are all scans, snapshots and digital photos from the original collectible that are in my personal collection.
email me before you decide to steal any of these pictures. They took
a long time to scan.
Mike Eiland at: firstname.lastname@example.org